The Province of British Columbia has just announced the introduction of day-use passes for six provincial parks. Although parks have wide open spaces, most visitors are often confined to trails that can become crowded in certain areas like viewpoints.
Beginning Monday, July 27, 2020, people can get a free BC Parks day-use pass and visit certain areas in six of the busiest parks, including:
- Mount Robson Park: Berg Lake Trail
- Stawamus Chief Park: Chief Peaks Trail
- Cypress Park: upper mountain trails, including the Howe Sound Crest Trail, Hollyburn Mountain Trails and the Black Mountain Plateau trails
- Mount Seymour Park: upper mountain trails including the Seymour Main Trail, Dog Mountain Trail and Mystery Lake Trail
- Garibaldi Park: trailheads at Diamond Head, Rubble Creek and Cheakamus
- Golden Ears Park: all trails and day-use areas
To attain a day-use pass, visit: www.discovercamping.ca
A few months ago, I put together a map and list of provincial parks in British Columbia.